1Cross Tech MIDhybrid
- Android 1.6 - - E-Ink screen, LCD plus keypad on the right - - - - - - - - - -
Adobe - Digital Editions
Adobe Digital Editions is a popular free ebook reader software that allows users to read EPUB and PDF files, as well as Adobe Flash (SWF). "Adobe® Digital Editions software offers an engaging way to view and manage eBooks and other digital publications. Use it to download and purchase digital content, which can be read both online and offline. Transfer copy-protected eBooks from your personal computer to other computers or devices. Organize your eBooks into a custom library and annotate pages. Digital Editions also supports industry-standard eBook formats, including PDF/A and EPUB." - http://www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions/features/ , compatible with most ebook readers except Kindle.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Aigo EB6301 e-book reader
No internet or Wi-Fi connectivitiy but supporting a variety of formats including TXT, PDF, DOC, HTML, CHM, MP3, WMA, WAV, JPG, JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG (Max to 4000 * 2000) 爱国者电子书.
- - USB2.0, built-in speaker - 6-inch E-INK e-paper - 800x600 - 1200mAh Li-Ion battery up to 5,000 e-book page - 2GB built-in - TF (microSD memory) card up to 8GB - - 164 × 127 × 11mm - - - -
amazon kindle 2 (2009-02-10)
, Freescale 532 MHz, ARM-11 90 nm processor, 32MB main memory, 2 GB moviNAND flash storage, Kindle AZW format, the Kindle 2 reads also TXT, Audible (formats 4, Audible Enhanced (AAX), MP3, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; PDF, HTML, DOC, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion. 20% faster page turns than original Kindle, integrated HSDPA modem (3G) with a fallback to EDGE/GPRS for 3G connectivity, wispernet, get books delivered wirelessly in less than 60 seconds; no PC required, Kindle Store, Text-to-speech, built-In Dictionary with Instant lookup, pros: Global wireless, browser, low ebook prices, text-to-speech; cons: No ePub support, no folders, Amazon's DRM, no touch screen.
- Linux - USB 2.0 port (micro-B connector) for charging and sync, 3.5mm stereo jack - 6-inch E-Ink electronic paper display - 600 x 800 resolution at 167 ppi, 16-level gray scale - 3.7 V 1530 mAh lithium polymer battery, U.S. power adapter (supports 100V-240V) Now read for up to 1 week on a single charge with wireless on, a significant improvement from the previous battery life of 4 days - 2GB internal (approximately 1.4GB available for user content) , 1,500 titles - - - 8" x 5.3" x 0.36" - 10.2 ounces (289.2 grams) - - -
Resources: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireless-Reading-Display-Generation/dp/B0015T963C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=fiona-hardware&qid=1264092223&sr=1-3 • shortcuts, hacks and tips - http://ireaderreview.com/2009/03/09/kindle-2-tips-kindle-2-hack-list-top-25/ • PC Magazine article, Kindle 2: 10 Things You Should Know - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2340721,00.asp • latest Kindle news - http://kindlebuzz.com/ • Kindle forum site - http://www.mobileread.com/?s=17c900bc0afb2f4eeeaa31ab3ae9f7a7 • How-tos are the greatest asset on this blog. - http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/ • hacks for use with the Kindle - http://blog.fsck.com/ • weekly podcast that shares news and information on all things Kindle - http://www.thekindlechronicles.com/ • Amazon Kindle Support - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200127470 • Kindle Help Desk - http://www.kindlehelpdesk.com/ • http://ireaderreview.com/category/free-books/ • http://www.box.net/shared/29xx4ufted • http://www.instapaper.com/ • http://www.kindlefeeder.com/ • http://ireaderreview.com/2009/11/30/kindle-pdf-feature-kindle-vs-sony-pdf/ • http://gravitationalpull.net/wp/?p=573
amazon kindle DX (May 6, 2009)
9.7-inch ebook is designed for newspaper and college student textbooks., 3G wireless, Holds up to 1,500 books , up to 1 week on a single charge with wireless on, Built-In PDF Reader, Read-to-Me Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle (AZW), PDF, TXT, Audible (formats 4, Audible Enhanced (AAX)), MP3, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, RTF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion, Built-in Dictionary, It is the first Kindle model with an accelerometer, automatically rotating pages between landscape and portrait orientations if the device is turned on its side, pros; 9.7" screen, free internet, low ebook, prices, TTS, auto screen rotate, no ePub support, no folders, Amazon's DRM, no touchscreen.
- Linux - USB 2.0 (micro-USB connector), 3.5mm stereo audio jack, built-in stereo speakers - 9.7-inch (24.6 cm) diagonal E Ink® electronic paper display - 1200 x 824 pixel resolution at 150 ppi, 16-level gray scale - Rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery, power adapter a single charge for up to 4 days with wireless on - 4GB internal (approximately 3.3GB available for user content), 3,500 titles - - - 10.4" x 7.2" x 0.38" - 18.9 ounces - - -
Resources: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireless-Reading-Display-Generation/dp/B0015T963C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=fiona-hardware&qid=1264092223&sr=1-3 • The Kindle 2 vs The Kindle DX - http://tech.spotcoolstuff.com/amazon-review/kindle-2-vs-dx-comparison
Amazon Kindle for PC Beta
free ebook reader program that allows people in over 100 countries to download ebooks from the Kindle Store to read on their PC, get the best reading experience available on your PC. No Kindle required, automatically synchronizes your last page read and annotations between devices with Whispersync, create bookmarks and view the annotations you created on your Kindle, shop for Books in the Kindle Store, create notes and highlights, find a word or a sentence in the book you are currently reading, zoom and rotate images.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Astak 5" EZ Reader Pocket PRO
Faster response and page turns, Support 20+ open formats: ADE(Adobe Digital Edition), PDF, TXT, PDB, DOC, HTML, FB2, LIT, MP3, EPUB, WOL, CHM, PPT, TIF, PNG, GIF, RAR, ZIP, DJVU, JPG, BMP, font increase 3 sizes+, fast page turns, rotating display (not available on certain file formats), PDF reflow, text-to-speech, Text zoom, Internal MP3 Player.
- Linux OS - USB2.0, thumbwheel - 5-inch ePaper - 600x800 pixel 8-level grayscale - 3.7V Li-Polymer battery 1000mAh - internal flash memory 512MB - SD card slot (support up to 16GB) - English, Spanish, Chinese & more - 6"(L) x 4.1"(W) x 0.4"(H) - 6 oz (including battery) - storage temperature -4F~131F, operating temperature: 32F~104F - -
Astak 6" EZ Reader
Samsung Arm9 200MHz processor, Support 20+ open formats: ADE(Adobe Digital Edition(, PDF, TXT, PDB, DOC, HTML, FB2, LIT, MP3, EPUB, WOL, CHM, PPT, TIF, PNG, GIF, RAR, ZIP, DJVU, JPG, BMP, font increase 3 sizes+, fast page turns, rotating display (not available on certain file formats), PDF reflow, text zoom in 3 sizes, Shortcut keys, Onboard MP3 player, shortcut keys.
- Linux - USB 1.1, 3.5mm stereo audio jack for headset - 6-inch ePaper - 600x800 pixel, 4-level grayscale - replaceable battery 3.7V Li-ION 950mAh - NAND Flash internal flash memory 512MB - SD card slot (support up to 4GB) - English, Spanish, Chinese & more - 7.2"(L) x 4.7"(W) x 0.4"(H) - 7.8 oz (including battery) - storage temperature -4ºF~131ºF, operating temperature: 32ºF~104ºF - -
Astri MID (Mobile Internet Device)
Baseed on Marvell PXA310 hardware platform. You can interpret ebooks and remaining documentation on the E Ink panel, making annotations and notes with the Wacom bustling digitiser, while navigating the Golem LCD demonstration on the remaining broadside for web reach, transmission and email/IM. .
- Android - - 5-inch E Ink Wacom-enabled touchscreen and 4.8-inch LCD touchscreen - 800×480 - - - - - - - - -
Resources: http://www.itechnews.net/2010/01/19/astri-my-interactive-device-android-e-book-reader/ http://www.astri.org/en/business/ECE-MID-en.pdf
Asus DR-900 (aka DR-950)
text-to-speech, virtual keyboard, RSS reader, Supported file formats include PDF, TXT, Audible, MP3, ePub, HTML, JPEG, GIF, PNG and BMP, 802.11g and/or optional 3.5G HSDPA.
- - microUSB 2.0, 3.5mm stereo audio jack, built-in stereo speakers. - 9-inch Sipix touchscreen - 1,024 x 768 resolution, 16 shades of gray - removable battery Up to 4 days with Wi-Fi enabled, up to two weeks with Wi-Fi disabled - 4 GB of internal memory - SD expansion slot - supporting 26 languages - 222 x 161 x 9mm - 370g, 13.1oz. - - -
Resources: http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2010/01/18/asus-dr-950-9-inch-e-reader-spied/dr950-4-3/ http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/article6989540.ece http://techinstyle.tv/trends/desired/asus-unveils-the-dr-950-ebook-reader/
AUO AU Optronics Corp. 友達光電
"E-Paper AUO is an active player in the e-paper market and has been devoting efforts to the research and development of e-paper in all sizes. The SiPix Microcup® e-paper technology and products will make their debut in China. Products such as the 2-inch e-tag, the 4.3-inch e-book, and 6 and 9-inch e-books with in-cell multi-touch panels will be showcased. In addition, a 20-inch e-paper display module for electronic bulletin boards, a 6-inch foldable e-book module and flexible e-paper technologies are also to be seen at the show. " - http://auo.com/auoDEV/pressroom.php?sec=newsReleases&intTempId=1&intNewsId=768&ls=en.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Resources: http://auo.com/ http://www.sipix.com/technology/faq.html
Barnes & Noble nook
Free wireless from Barnes & Noble via AT&T, the nation's fastest 3G network, Wi-Fi ( 802.11 b/g), MP3 player, file format support:EPUB, PDF, PDB, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, MP3; Not Supported: DOC, LIT, TXT, AMZ (Amazon), LRZ/LRX (Sony), Built in Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Personalize screensavers with your photos, crisp display, Android, color LCD screen, change font type, lend ebooks, cons: slower, limited features, no browser, poor PDF support.
- Android™ - micro-usb port, 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, mono speaker - 6-inch E ink® Vizplex™ electronic paper display, 3.5 inch color touchscreen LCD - - Rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery, charging via USB to computer system or power adapter, Charging time: 3.5 hours from wall outlet. Read without recharging up to 10 days with wireless off - 2GB Internal memory/storage (up to 1,500 eBooks) - MicroSD MicroSD HC slot - - 7.7" x 4.9" x 0.5" (196.2 x 126 x 12.8mm) - 12.1 oz. (343g) - - -
customized folders and sub-folders, change the font type, Text-to-Speech, support Text: PDF, DOC, HTML, RTF, DJVU, FB2, WOL, TXT, EPUB, PPT, LIT, CHM, MOBI, PRC, HTM, WOLF, RAR, ZIP, BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, MP3, some formats display poorly, firmware glitches.
- - USB 2.0, 3.5mm headphone jack - 5-inch ePaper - 800x600, 8 levels of grayscale - replaceable 3.7V Li-ION battery 1000mAh 7,000 page-turn battery life - 512MB flash memory, enough for at least 1.000 books - SD memory card slot (up to 16 GB) - English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Chinese, Russian, Greek, Ukrainian, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Bulgarian, Estonian, Polish, Czech, Italian, Norwegian, and Slovenian. - 105x151x10mm - 160g ( incl. battery ) - Operating temperature: 0º to 40ºC - -
BeBook Neo e-reader
The BeBook Neo is Endless Idea's newest ereader. Freescale processor, Wacom™ touchpanel technology, Ebook stores app, web browser, notes, folders, No cover included, slow internet, stylus required, WiFi support, Formats: PDF, DOC, HTML, RTF, BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF, DJVU, FB2, WOL, TXT, EPUB, PPT, LIT, CHM, RAR, ZIP, MP3, MOBI, PRC, HTM, WOLF..
- - 3.5mm audio jack, USB 2.0 with OTG-support - 6-inch E Ink screen - - Li-ION battery 1600mAh up to 7,000 page turns - Internal 512MB flashmemory (stores up to 1.000 books) - SD slot expandable up to 16GB - support over 20 different languages, English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Bulgarian, Estonian, Polish, Catalanian, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Slovenian. - 121x196x10.6mm - 298g (incl. battery) - Operating temperature: 0º to 50º celcius - -
Resources: http://mybebook.com/6-inch-ereaders/c14/p25/bebook-neo-ereader/product_info.html http://mybebook.com/neo/
BeBook One (Hanlin V3 clone) Jinke
The original BeBook eReader is still one of the top favorites in our collection. Supported file formats: pdf, mobi, prc, epub, lit, txt, fb2, doc, html, rtf, djvu, wol, ppt, mbp, chm, bmp, jpg, png, gif, tif, rar, zip, mp3. It's the only reader in the current market which supports two types of DRM: Adobe and Mobipocket. You can change the supported DRM simply by changing to the desired firmware. (Free from our website), change fonttype while reading, Increase/decrease font size of ereader display, bookmark.
- - 3.5mm audiojack, USB 1.1 Port - 6-inch ePaper - 600x800 - 3.7V Li-ION battery 950mAh - 512MB internal memory, enough for at least 1.000 books - SD-slot ( extendable up to 4GB ) - English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Chinese, Russian, Greek, Ukraine, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Bulgarian, Estonian, Polish - 120mm X 184mm X 10mm - 220gr ( incl. battery ) - Operating temperature: 0º to 40º celcius - -
BenQ nReader K60
BenQ announced in Taiwan the nReader K60, the company’s first e-book reading device. The e-reader supports ePub, PDF, HMTL, TXT e-book files as well as JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG image files. It can even playback MP3 audio files. WiFi 802.11b/g connection, optional 3.5G wireless networking card, It will be released first in Taiwan and China with a price of about 8900 Taiwan Dollars (US$277)..
- - microSD card slot, 3.5mm audio jack, 2 USB2.0 ports - 6-inch SiPix Microcup touchscreen electronic paper display - 800×600 resolution, 167dpi, and 16 grey scales - built-in 1530mAh battery that is good for 7500 pages - 2GB internal memory, 4000 e-book files - microSD card slot - Chinese, English and Japanese - 175mm x 122mm x 11mm - 220 g - - -
"ecently, blue light of a morning, an official e-book digital product, the product uses a white stylish look, main ultra-thin portable. Blue light from the morning's official e-book product map view, the product design features in the front, there is no excessive buttons, only the up and down button next page, we can see the screen is likely to touch the system to control.".
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bookeen Cybook Gen3 (2007)
Samsung® S3C2410 ARM920T 200MHz processor, 16 MB RAM, 8Mb ROM, The Cybook from France, daylight readable, No backlight, 740 ms page turn time, The Cybook Gen3 doesn’t have a dedicated service for downloading books, but can handle the majority of file types: HTML, TXT, Mobipocket PRC, PalmDoc, PDF, MP3, JPG, GIF, PNG, RSS feeds, no touchscreen.
- Linux - 2.5mm stereo headphone plug, USB 2.0 Mini USB B connector - 6-inch E Ink® Vizplex screen [4.8"x3.6"- 122mmx91mm] - 600x800 pixels, 166 dpi, B&W, 4 grayscale - Li-Polymer battery (1000 mAh), Universal AC 100~240V, DC 5V 700mA 8,000 page flips battery life - 512 MB Data Flash internal memory - SD Card slot - - 4.7" x 7.4" x 0.3", 118 x 188 x 8.5 mm - 6.13 ounces -174 g (battery included) - - -
Resources: http://www.bookeen.com/shop/productdetails.aspx?ProductID=417# Bookeen_Orizon_color.jpg
Bookeen Cybook Opus CYBPE10W (2009-7-27)
Predecessor Cybook Gen3, processor speed 400MHz, 32 MB RAM, G-sensor for motion detection , support formats HTML, Txt, PDF, Secured and non secured AdobeTM EPUB/PDF, eight colors now available, auto rotate, folder management system, 12 font sizes, change font, lacks bookmarking feature, no touchscreen, no backlight.
- Linux 2.6 - USB 2.0 Mini B connector - 5-inch E Ink - 600x800 pixels, 200 dpi, B&W, 4 grayscale - Li-Polymer battery 1000 mAh 2 weeks battery life, 8,000 page flips battery life - 1 GB NAND - microSD Card slot - - 4.2" x 6" x 0.4", 108 x 151 x 10 mm - 5.3 ounces -150 g (battery included) - - -
Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, supports ePub and PDFs. "Q: The Gen3 and the Opus use E Ink, while the new Orizon will use Sipix's e-paper. Why did you change to this display technology? For three major reasons: 1. AUO (Sipix) touchscreen is light year away from Sony resistive technology. You keep the optical quality of ePaper and you get an incredibly reactive touchscreen. For us touchscreen on such a large display is a must-have. 2. AUO has great developments and move incredibly fast. 3. We did not want to depend only on one screen manufacturer (PVI)." - http://www.e-reader-info.com/interview-michael-dahan-co-founder-and-ceo-bookeen.
- - mini-USB - 6-inch SiPix multitouch display, 67 dpi, 16 levels of gray - 800 x 600 - - 1GB of internal memory - micro-SD slot - - 12.25 x18.5x0.75 cm - 150 g (with the battery) - - -
Resources: http://www.bookeen.com/about/ebook-press.aspx http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/16/bookeen-orizon-to-ship-this-may-with-multitouch-sipix-display/#comments http://www.actualitte.com/actualite/16168-Bookeen-ORIZON-WiFi-tactile-Opus.htm
Brother SV-70 e-book reader
Security: 128Bit AES (Advanced Encryption Standard), PIN code lock, Charging AC adapter (sold separately), Equipment life: 5 years or 37 million page view.
- - USB2.0 - 9.7-inch Reflective electronic paper display method (electrophoresis) - 1200 × 825 (about 150dpi), 4 grayscale - Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, USB bus power (5V ± 5%) Maximum battery duration: About 83 hours - - microSD Card slot - - 237 (W) × 247 (D) × 15.5 (H) mm - 600g - 5 ℃ -23 ℃ - 20% -80% -
Calibre - Download calibre
Calibre: The one stop solution for all your e-book needs. Comprehensive e-book software. More than just a free ebook reader, Calibre is a complete ebook cataloging program with a ton of features, including library management, format conversion, RSS news feeds to ebook conversion, ebook reader synchronization features, and more. Calibre can be used as an ebook viewer for all major ebook formats, and it can convert from many file types. The best types to convert are MOBI, EPUB, LIT, PDF, PRC, HTML, RTF, TXT. These can be converted to any of these formats: EPUB, FB2, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, PDB, PML, RB, PDF, TXT. Calibre works great for converting files that don't work well on dedicated reading devices like Sony Reader and Amazon Kindle. Converting PDF files into a more compatible format for your reader can increase readability and minimize formatting errors. There are a lot of features to learn about when using Calibre, so make sure to read the help before you get started..
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Condor Technology Associates eGriver (2009)
ARM RISC S3C2440 the highest frequency 400MHz(P) S3C2440 SAMSUNG, Compatable Format: TXT, PDF, FB2, JPG, BMP.
- Linux 2.6 - USB2.0, File-System: FAT 16/32 - 6-inch E Ink® “Electronic Paper - 800×600, 4-Level Gray Scale - Battery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Polymer, 50mAh.Nominal Voltage:3.7V - Embedded Memory: 128MB - Extend Memory: SD Card - English / Russian - 188.42mm×118.24mm×9.24mm - 180g - - -
Condor Technology Associates eGriver Touch (2010)
ARM RISC S3C2440 the highest frequency 400MHz(P) S3C2440 SAMSUNG, support Format: EPUB, HTML, PDF, TXT, MP3, WIFI.
- Linux 2.6 - File-System: FAT 16/32, USB2.0 - 6-inch E Ink® “Electronic Paper” Measured Diagonally - 800×600; 4-Level grayscale - attery Type: Rechargeable Lithium-Polymer, 50mAh.Nominal Voltage:3.7V - RAM 128 MB, NAND minimum 1 GB - Extend Memory: SD Card font; Language: ; - English / Russian - 188.42mm × 118.24mm × 9.24mm - 180g - - -
Datang Telecom AirPaper50T
This e-book for the Datang Telecom's (大唐电信) TD electronic reader AirPaper50T, TD-SCDMA (2010-2025MHz)/GSM (900/1800MHz) EDGE networks, no WiFi, SIM card slot; support journaling, memo function, bookmark, handwriting, functional annotation.
- - mini USB, 3.5mm earphone, SIM card slot - 6-inch e-ink display, 3.7-inch LCD touch screen for navigation - 800 x 600 - single charge can last some 30,000 page views, standby mode for 7 days - - Mirco SD card slot - Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English - 126.8 x 194.3 x 10.5mm - 300g - - -
Resources: http://www.datang.com/en/index.asp http://www.datang.com/newnr.asp?classid=L0202&newsid=902021142055847 http://product.it168.com/detail/doc/391256/index.shtml
Download free eReader - Barnes & Noble
Download free eReader, The Barnes and Noble eReader software is a free ebook reader application that works with the following devices: PC, Mac, iPhone, iPod touch, Blackberry, and Nook. The program grants access to B&N's online book store for downloading ebooks. After signing up an account with an email address and credit card, you can download free classics or purchase new ebooks. Bestsellers and new releases typically cost $9.99. The software currently supports PRC and PDB format types, and is required to read B&N's ebooks. EPUB support is expected in the near future, as B&N states they are converting their entire ebook library to EPUB format. Feature List * Access B&N's ebook store and download from a mobile device's browser. * Read samples of ebooks before buying. * Download free ebooks. * Bookmark, note-taking, and highlighting features. * Adjustable font sizes and margins. * Portrait and landscape modes. * Mobile devices can look up words in the dictionary, Wikipedia, and Google..
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Download Reader Library Software :: Reader Store
Sony's eBook Library software supports all the same files as Sony Readers: BBeB (.lrf and .lrx), PDF, EPUB, TXT, RTF, DOC (converts to RTF for transfer to Reader or memory card), MP3, AAC, JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF. Mac support is now available. With the Sony Reader Library you can import files or download them directly from the online store. The eBook Store has over 100,000 titles for sale, with classics starting at $1.99 and new release and bestseller ebooks for $9.99. Sony also offers 1,000,000 free public domain books through Google. And there are some RSS feeds as well. With Sony's free ebook reader software you can transfer and synchronize content to a Sony Reader by plugging in the device with a USB cable and dragging ebooks to the Reader in the menu pane or by saving the ebooks to a memory card..
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Download the free Mobipocket eBook Reader software to read on your PDA and Smartphone.
Mobipocket.com sells electronic books, or ebooks, for all PDA and Smartphones (and for your PC): Read them on your Windows Mobile Blackberry Palm Symbian ( Nokia Series 60 1st 2nd 3rd edition, UIQ 2, UIQ 3) or Pocket-PC . Mobipocket Reader supports MOBI and PRC ebooks, as well as unencrypted PDB files. The free ebook reader software is available on a variety of platforms: Windows PC, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, Palm OS, Symbian OS, and several dedicated ebook readers like BeBook, Cybook, and iLiad. Mobipocket software allows users to manage and organize ebooks, RSS feeds, and self-published eDocs on their computer. You can also sync content to mobile reading devices. Owned by Amazon, Mobipocket has over 40,000 titles available for download. Mobipocket offers several features. You can modify font size and type, change the reading view to paperback page size, full-width display, 2 or 3 column display, as well as optimal display. You can annotate, highlight, bookmark any part of any ebook and even create custom hyperlinks between different ebooks. There is also a dictionary look-up feature and a wide selection of electronic dictionaries to choose from..
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
DR 800IREX Digital Reader 1000 series Wacom
Freescale i.MX31L processor, 128MB RAM, Wacom® penabled® touch sensor input with Stylus, unsecured Text: Adobe® PDF, TXT, HTML, DRM Text: Mobipocket PRC, Image: JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF and BMP Additional formats supported in the future (Adobe PDF/EPUB).
- - mini-USB 2.0 - 10.2-inch (diagonal) electronic paper display - 1024 x 1280 pixel resolution at 160 pixels per inch, 16-level grey scale - rechargeable lithium ion battery, Recharging time 5 hours with USB charging - 1GB Removable SD card (replaceable with larger SD cards) - - support language: Dutch, English, French and German - - - operating temperature: 0º to 45ºC (32º to 113ºF) Non-operating temperature: -20º to 70ºC (-4º to 158ºF) - -
DR 800IREX Digital Reader 800 series
Freescale i.MX31L processor, 128MB RAM storage, Wacom® enabled® touch sensor input with Stylus, 3G Wireless (USA Only), media formats supported: Reflowable PDF, ePub and Barnes & Noble. (both DRM and unprotected), JPG / BMP/ PNG / GIF and TIFF.
- - Micro-USB connector - 8.1-Inch (diagonal) electronic paper display - 768 x1024 pixel resolution at 160 DPI, 16-level grey scale - rechargeable lithium ion battery; - 2Gb Removable Micro -SD card (replaceable with higher capacity Micro-SD cards) - - languages: Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Greek - 193mm (7.6 inch) Width: 149mm (2.9 inch) Depth: 10.7mm (0.4 inch) - 360 grams (12.6 ounce) - operating temperature: 5º to 35ºC (41º to 95ºF) Non-operating temperature: -10º to 45ºC (14º to 113ºF) - -
DRM - Digital Rights Management
If you are considering buying a Kindle, Sony Reader, or other type of ebook reader, you may be wondering what non-DRM and DRM supported files mean. DRM stands for Digital Rights Management, but most believe a more apt definition would be Digital Restrictions Management, because DRM restricts consumers' access to all forms of purchased digital media, ebooks especially. There are varying levels of DRM protection applied to ebooks. The restrictions may limit copying, printing, modifying, sharing, or even using a text-to-speech feature to read an ebook aloud. The specific levels of DRM are determined by publishers and distributors. For example, if you own a Kindle and purchase a DRM protected ebook from their online store, you cannot transfer that ebook to your daughter's Sony Reader to read at school. You can, however, transfer that ebook to another Kindle under the same account, with up to six Kindles per account. You can't transfer DRM protected ebooks to read on other devices. Amazon does offer an application to read your ebook library with an iPhone and iPod touch, along with Kindle for PC. Similar restrictions apply to other devices and ebookstores too in regard to registering a set number of devices. Most devices support Adobe DRM'ed EPUB and PDF. With these particular devices ebooks can be purchased and exchanged to read on other ebook readers more easily using Adobe Digital Editions. .
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Resources: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management http://computer.howstuffworks.com/drm.htm http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/drm/default.mspx
Dulin’s Books Onyx Boox 60 (2009-12)
processor 532MHz, no backlit, daytime reading, portrait and landscape modes , write, draw or take notes using the included stylus, Wacom digitizer, Webkit browser, PDF reflow, WiFi, support formats: EPUB, PDF, Mobipocket, FB2, TXT, PDB, HTML, CHM, JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, and MP3.
- Linux - 3.5mm headphone jack, miniUSB (v 2.0) w/OTG support - 6-inch touchscreen with Vizplex E-ink display - 600 x 800, 166 dpi, 8 grayscale(16 grayscale w/software upgrade) - Replaceable Li-Polymer (1600 mAh) 8000 page refreshes on one charge - 512 MB of internal memory, operative 32Mb - SD, SDHC card, up to 32GB - English - 4.7” x 7.4” x 0.3” 196 x 121 x 10.5 mm - 10.5 ounces / 298 g - - -
Cirrus Logic ARM-7, 4MB RAM processor, Internal v.34 33.6Kbps modem, frequently used feature button, bookmark, highlight and make notes,accessories: stylus, power adapter, protective case, USB cable and phone cord, file formats: plain text (.txt), rich text format (.rtf), Microsoft Word documents (.doc), HTML (.htm or .html), and Rocket eBook Editions (.rb).
- - Built-in modem and USB ports - 5.5-inch diagonal back-lit - 4-bit grayscale LCD touch screen - Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery Read for up to 15 hours without recharging - 64MB internal Flash for program and content storage - - - 5" x 7.5" x 1.5" - 18 oz. - - -
Support of ePub, Mobi, PRC, RTF, .txt, .pdf, .fb2, .jpg, .gif, .png, and .bmp file formats, access to new releases through DRM PDB, support for eBook contents in Albanian, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, English, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian and other European languages, Bidirectional dictionaries for certain European languages, pre-loaded CIA World Factbook, bookmarks and auto page turn functionality, adjustable font type and size, screen rotation support for both portrait & landscape modes.
- - mini-USB - 5-inch LCD - grayscale display - Internal Li-ion polymer battery, the battery is not user-replaceable - 112MB internal memory - SD slot for up to 2GB SD cards - Multilingual interface options that include German and Spanish - - - - -
ECTACO jetBook eBook Reader
• True pocket-sized portability for thousands of eBooks • Bidirectional dictionaries for certain European languages are available • Multilingual interface options that include German! • Pre-loaded with CIA World Factbook and a German Dictionary • Bookmarks and auto page turn functionality • 6 different font sizes • Screen rotation support for both portrait & landscape modes • Built-in player that supports background playback • supports .txt, .pdf, .fb2, .jpg, .epub, .mobi, .prc and .rtf file formats, • Supports books in the new and popular .fb2 format, T9 text input method, displays .jpg, .gif, .png, .bmp formatted images.
- - USB - 5-inch TFT Transflective screen grayscale display - - rechargeable Li-ion polymer battery over 20 hours of continuous, active use - built-in 112 MB flash memory - SD card slot up to 32 GB - Albanian, Catalan, Danish, Dutch, English, Faeroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Icelandic, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Croatian, Czech, Estonian, Hungarian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian and other European languages - - 7.5 oz - - -
400Mhz processor, WIFI, Bluetooth, optional 3G module, keys and stylus operating mode for handwritten input, supported formats: TXT, PDF, BMP, JPG, PNG, etc. TTS (Text-to-Speech) function, support: MP3 format audio books,.
- - mini USB 1.1, 3.5mm standard headphone jacks - 6-inch E-INK - 600 x 800 pixel 16 gray-level degrees - rechargeable lithium battery 1600 mAh one charge, you can read 15000 books - 2Gb SD - maximum support 32G SD Card - - - - - -
Elonex ebook (2009-07)
Supports ebook formats TXT, PDF, HTML etc, it's best to avoid PDFs if possible, as they can be very slow to load and render erratically.
- Linux - - 6-inch E-Ink® Vizplex - - Li-ion battery, charges only via USB 8,000 page turns per charge - 512 MB onboard memory - SD card slot up to 4 GB - - 117x187x9mm - 180g - - -
Resources: http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/accessories/0,39100115,49303219,00.htm http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2009/07/20/elonex-ebook-unboxed/
Energy Sistem Energy™ Book 1060
RK2705 chipset, supports PDF, EPUB, RTF, TCR, PDB, PRC, MOBI, HTM, HTML, TXT, CHM, FB2, DJVU, DJV e-book formats, MP3, PNG, TIF, GIF, BMP, JPEG media files, Hi-Fi earphones with neodymium magnets, no WiFi or 3G options, 36 months special warranty.
- - Mini USB 2.0, 3.5mm jack, built-in speaker - 6-inch E-Ink® Vizplex™ - 800×600, 4 levels greyscale - rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery, 3.7 V, 1200 mAh Reading books: 4000 pages, 20 hours - - Internal memory: 2GB, SD/SDHC card up to 16GB - - 160 x 116 x 10 mm, 6.3" x 4.6" x 0.3" - 228g, 5.4 oz - - -
Energy Sistem Energy™ Book 2061 (03-2010)
Energy Sistem Soyntec S.A., Spain company introduces e-book reading device, Samsung ARM9 processor, supports PDF, EPUB, RTF, TCR, PDB, PRC, MOBI, HTM, HTML, TXT, CHM, FB2, DJVU, DJV e-book formats, MP3, PNG, TIF, GIF, BMP, JPEG media files, no WiFi or 3G options.
- Linux 2.6 - Mini USB 2.0, 3.5mm jack - 6-inch e-ink Vizplex - 800×600, 4 levels greyscale - rechargeable Li-Ion battery Up to 6000 pages with a single charge - 64MB SDRAM internal memory - 2GB SD/SDHC/MMC card up to 16GB - - 178x128.4x 9.9 mm, 7" x 5" x 0.4" - 228 g, 8 oz - - -
unique "dualbook" design, the Edge combines the features of an ebook reader and a netbook in one, features a Wacom Tablet for writing notes and drawings directly on the E Ink screen with a stylus, WiFi 802.11 b/g it can send emails and IMs, Bluetooth capability, MP3, WAV, 3GPP, MP4, AAC, OGG, M4A audio playback, 3GP, MP4, Adobe Flash Lite (H.264) video playback, ePub, PDF E-reader File Formats.
- Google® Android® operating system - x2 USB port, microphone, video camera, headphones, built in speaker - 9.7-inch e-Ink color touchscreen - 1200 x 825 pixels, 8 shades of gray - Lithium Ion battery, battery can be replaced 16+ hours utilizing the e-reader screen / up to 6 hours running the LCD screen - 4GB (3GB available) - SD card - - 8.25" x 10.75" x 1.0" - 3 pounds - - -
eRead STAReBOOK STK-101 (2007)
STAReBOOK STK-101 is an aging eReader not easily available outside China and Taiwan. It is marketed by eRead and was released in 2007, with hardware by the Taiw