Asus DR-900 (aka DR-950)
text-to-speech, virtual keyboard, RSS reader, Supported file formats include PDF, TXT, Audible, MP3, ePub, HTML, JPEG, GIF, PNG and BMP, 802.11g and/or optional 3.5G HSDPA.
- - microUSB 2.0, 3.5mm stereo audio jack, built-in stereo speakers. - 9-inch Sipix touchscreen - 1,024 x 768 resolution, 16 shades of gray - removable battery Up to 4 days with Wi-Fi enabled, up to two weeks with Wi-Fi disabled - 4 GB of internal memory - SD expansion slot - supporting 26 languages - 222 x 161 x 9mm - 370g, 13.1oz. - - -
Resources: http://www.electricpig.co.uk/2010/01/18/asus-dr-950-9-inch-e-reader-spied/dr950-4-3/ http://technology.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/tech_and_web/personal_tech/article6989540.ece http://techinstyle.tv/trends/desired/asus-unveils-the-dr-950-ebook-reader/
unique "dualbook" design, the Edge combines the features of an ebook reader and a netbook in one, features a Wacom Tablet for writing notes and drawings directly on the E Ink screen with a stylus, WiFi 802.11 b/g it can send emails and IMs, Bluetooth capability, MP3, WAV, 3GPP, MP4, AAC, OGG, M4A audio playback, 3GP, MP4, Adobe Flash Lite (H.264) video playback, ePub, PDF E-reader File Formats.
- Google® Android® operating system - x2 USB port, microphone, video camera, headphones, built in speaker - 9.7-inch e-Ink color touchscreen - 1200 x 825 pixels, 8 shades of gray - Lithium Ion battery, battery can be replaced 16+ hours utilizing the e-reader screen / up to 6 hours running the LCD screen - 4GB (3GB available) - SD card - - 8.25" x 10.75" x 1.0" - 3 pounds - - -
Barnes & Noble nook
Free wireless from Barnes & Noble via AT&T, the nation's fastest 3G network, Wi-Fi ( 802.11 b/g), MP3 player, file format support:EPUB, PDF, PDB, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, MP3; Not Supported: DOC, LIT, TXT, AMZ (Amazon), LRZ/LRX (Sony), Built in Merriam-Webster's Collegiate® Dictionary, Personalize screensavers with your photos, crisp display, Android, color LCD screen, change font type, lend ebooks, cons: slower, limited features, no browser, poor PDF support.
- Android™ - micro-usb port, 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, mono speaker - 6-inch E ink® Vizplex™ electronic paper display, 3.5 inch color touchscreen LCD - - Rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery, charging via USB to computer system or power adapter, Charging time: 3.5 hours from wall outlet. Read without recharging up to 10 days with wireless off - 2GB Internal memory/storage (up to 1,500 eBooks) - MicroSD MicroSD HC slot - - 7.7" x 4.9" x 0.5" (196.2 x 126 x 12.8mm) - 12.1 oz. (343g) - - -
Spring Design alex Dual Screen eReader
Monahan PX303, 624mhz processor, brosw the entire web, dual screen, Alex is compatible with WiFi, 3G, EVDO/CDMA and GSM, MP3 media player, ePUB.
- Android - USB 2.0 (mini-B connector), 2.5mm stereo headphone, stereo speakers, microphone - 6-inch EPD (electrophoretic display) screen 16-bit color, 3.5” touchscreen LCD for input - 600x800, 8-grayscale - 3.7v, 1530Mah Lithium Polymer two weeks without recharging the battery with browsing and wireless off - 256 DRAM internal storage, 2GB flash memory - MicroSD slot - - 120x225x14mm (4.7"x8.9"x0.4") - 310 g (11 oz) - operating temperature: 32ºF~104ºF, 0ºC~40ºC; storage temperature: -13º~158ºF, -25ºC~70ºC - - FCC, UL, CUL
Astri MID (Mobile Internet Device)
Baseed on Marvell PXA310 hardware platform. You can interpret ebooks and remaining documentation on the E Ink panel, making annotations and notes with the Wacom bustling digitiser, while navigating the Golem LCD demonstration on the remaining broadside for web reach, transmission and email/IM. .
- Android - - 5-inch E Ink Wacom-enabled touchscreen and 4.8-inch LCD touchscreen - 800×480 - - - - - - - - -
Resources: http://www.itechnews.net/2010/01/19/astri-my-interactive-device-android-e-book-reader/ http://www.astri.org/en/business/ECE-MID-en.pdf
Freescale ARM11 CPU 532MHz processor, capacitive slider interface, next generation Epson display controller, integrated 3D accelerometer for automatic orientation detection, full integration with txtr online community platform, SIM-enabled EDGE/GPRS, txtr Tools help you to upload content to txtr.com, Supported formats: EPUB, PDF, With the additional service txtr Pro you are also always connected to txtr.com and its free content. The txtr Reader’s wireless connectivity is provided by the German network operator E-Plus..
- Linux kernel - USB 2.0 cable connection, - 6-inch E INK Vizplex display - 600x800 pixels - Li-Ion battery, Charged via USB you can enjoy reading for more than two weeks with one charge cycle - 128MB SDRAM onboard, 8GB MicroSD card included (which allows to store about 6000 eBooks) - MicroSD memory card slot - - 151mm x 131mm x 12mm - 300g - - -
amazon kindle 2 (2009-02-10)
, Freescale 532 MHz, ARM-11 90 nm processor, 32MB main memory, 2 GB moviNAND flash storage, Kindle AZW format, the Kindle 2 reads also TXT, Audible (formats 4, Audible Enhanced (AAX), MP3, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; PDF, HTML, DOC, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion. 20% faster page turns than original Kindle, integrated HSDPA modem (3G) with a fallback to EDGE/GPRS for 3G connectivity, wispernet, get books delivered wirelessly in less than 60 seconds; no PC required, Kindle Store, Text-to-speech, built-In Dictionary with Instant lookup, pros: Global wireless, browser, low ebook prices, text-to-speech; cons: No ePub support, no folders, Amazon's DRM, no touch screen.
- Linux - USB 2.0 port (micro-B connector) for charging and sync, 3.5mm stereo jack - 6-inch E-Ink electronic paper display - 600 x 800 resolution at 167 ppi, 16-level gray scale - 3.7 V 1530 mAh lithium polymer battery, U.S. power adapter (supports 100V-240V) Now read for up to 1 week on a single charge with wireless on, a significant improvement from the previous battery life of 4 days - 2GB internal (approximately 1.4GB available for user content) , 1,500 titles - - - 8" x 5.3" x 0.36" - 10.2 ounces (289.2 grams) - - -
Resources: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireless-Reading-Display-Generation/dp/B0015T963C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=fiona-hardware&qid=1264092223&sr=1-3 • shortcuts, hacks and tips - http://ireaderreview.com/2009/03/09/kindle-2-tips-kindle-2-hack-list-top-25/ • PC Magazine article, Kindle 2: 10 Things You Should Know - http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2340721,00.asp • latest Kindle news - http://kindlebuzz.com/ • Kindle forum site - http://www.mobileread.com/?s=17c900bc0afb2f4eeeaa31ab3ae9f7a7 • How-tos are the greatest asset on this blog. - http://kindleworld.blogspot.com/ • hacks for use with the Kindle - http://blog.fsck.com/ • weekly podcast that shares news and information on all things Kindle - http://www.thekindlechronicles.com/ • Amazon Kindle Support - http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=200127470 • Kindle Help Desk - http://www.kindlehelpdesk.com/ • http://ireaderreview.com/category/free-books/ • http://www.box.net/shared/29xx4ufted • http://www.instapaper.com/ • http://www.kindlefeeder.com/ • http://ireaderreview.com/2009/11/30/kindle-pdf-feature-kindle-vs-sony-pdf/ • http://gravitationalpull.net/wp/?p=573
amazon kindle DX (May 6, 2009)
9.7-inch ebook is designed for newspaper and college student textbooks., 3G wireless, Holds up to 1,500 books , up to 1 week on a single charge with wireless on, Built-In PDF Reader, Read-to-Me Text-to-Speech feature, Kindle (AZW), PDF, TXT, Audible (formats 4, Audible Enhanced (AAX)), MP3, unprotected MOBI, PRC natively; HTML, DOC, RTF, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP through conversion, Built-in Dictionary, It is the first Kindle model with an accelerometer, automatically rotating pages between landscape and portrait orientations if the device is turned on its side, pros; 9.7" screen, free internet, low ebook, prices, TTS, auto screen rotate, no ePub support, no folders, Amazon's DRM, no touchscreen.
- Linux - USB 2.0 (micro-USB connector), 3.5mm stereo audio jack, built-in stereo speakers - 9.7-inch (24.6 cm) diagonal E Ink® electronic paper display - 1200 x 824 pixel resolution at 150 ppi, 16-level gray scale - Rechargeable Lithium Polymer battery, power adapter a single charge for up to 4 days with wireless on - 4GB internal (approximately 3.3GB available for user content), 3,500 titles - - - 10.4" x 7.2" x 0.38" - 18.9 ounces - - -
Resources: http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Wireless-Reading-Display-Generation/dp/B0015T963C/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=fiona-hardware&qid=1264092223&sr=1-3 • The Kindle 2 vs The Kindle DX - http://tech.spotcoolstuff.com/amazon-review/kindle-2-vs-dx-comparison
BenQ nReader K60
BenQ announced in Taiwan the nReader K60, the company’s first e-book reading device. The e-reader supports ePub, PDF, HMTL, TXT e-book files as well as JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG image files. It can even playback MP3 audio files. WiFi 802.11b/g connection, optional 3.5G wireless networking card, It will be released first in Taiwan and China with a price of about 8900 Taiwan Dollars (US$277)..
- - microSD card slot, 3.5mm audio jack, 2 USB2.0 ports - 6-inch SiPix Microcup touchscreen electronic paper display - 800×600 resolution, 167dpi, and 16 grey scales - built-in 1530mAh battery that is good for 7500 pages - 2GB internal memory, 4000 e-book files - microSD card slot - Chinese, English and Japanese - 175mm x 122mm x 11mm - 220 g - - -
Instant Pen writing & Saving, ePub & TXT Format support, Virtual Printer Function, PDF user manual http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=sec&CttFileID=2352499&CDCttType=UM&ModelType=C&ModelName=SNE-50K&VPath=UM/200910/20091028182304046/SNE-50K_English.pdf.
- Linux 2.6.12 - USB Device 2.0 - 5-inch 12.7cm Electronic Paper - 600x800, B/W Mono Color - Li-ion Battery 960mAh - - - - 96x143x9mm - 0.2kg - - -
IREX Digital Reader 800 series
Navigation made quick and easy with an interactive touch screen, straightforward buttons, and included stylus. Reflowable PDF, ePub and Barnes & Noble. (both DRM and unprotected) JPG / BMP/ PNG / GIF and TIFF, Digital Reader 800SG model: 3G Wireless (USA Only), 8.1" large screen, connects to B&N's ebook store, Wacom tablet, 1400 newspapers, no note taking or dictionary, no zoom for PDFs.
- Freescale i.MX31L processor 128MB RAM - USB 2.0 Micro-USB connector - 8.1-Inch (diagonal) e-ink display, touchscreen - 768 x1024 at 160 DPI, 16-level grey scale - rechargeable lithium ion battery - - 2Gb Removable Micro -SD card - Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Greek - 193x149x10.7mm (7.6"x5.9"x0.4") - 360 grams (12.6 ounce) - - -
Sony Reader Daily Edition™ PRS900BC (2009-12)
Sony’s first wireless e-reader, access to over 1 million public domain books from Google Books, ability to borrow eBooks from libraries, supports ePub open format; highlight, touchscreen keyboard text entry, freehand notes with stylus, page zoom, 2 page layout view, advanced periodical navigation functions, 6 levels adjustable font sizes, free 3G wireless downloading of books, via 3G mobile broadband network to Sony’s ebookstore where they can readily access books, periodicals, and, so far, the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, New York Post, Boston Globe, International Herald Tribune, and New York Times,, built-in dictionary, supports TXT, RTF, DOC, MP3, AAC, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, HSPA, UMTS, Edge, and GPRS data services with two bands (850 and 1900 MHz), PDF crop and zoom, 2 column layout, improved contrast, no browser, sideload free & library ebooks, Sony’s Library Finder application, enabling users to access their local library’s e-book collection simply by entering their ZIP code.
- MontaVista Linux - - 7.1-inches E-INK Vizplex™ full touch screen - 600 x 1024 pixels, 16-levels gray scale - Rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery DC 3.7 V ; AC Power : DC 5.2 V a single charge: Read on a single charge for up to 7 days with wireless on. Turn wireless off and read for up to two and a half weeks - 2Gb, user available internal memory 1.6GB - MemoryStick® PRO Duo™ (support up to 16GB) & SD Card memory slot (support up to 16GB) - - 5 x 8-1/8 x 19/32 inches (WxHxD) - 12.75 oz - Operating Temperature : 41 to 95 °F - -
Sony Reader Touch Edition™ PRS600 (2009-8)
i.MX31L (TO 2.0.1) processor, Access to over 1 million public domain books from Google Books, Ability to borrow eBooks from libraries, Supports ePub open format, bookmark, touchscreen keyboard text entry, freehand notes with stylus, Page Zoom, 5 levels Adjustable font sizes, TXT, RTF, DOC, MP3, AAC, JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, built-in dictionary, pros: write on screen, fast navigation, PDF zoom, get library ebooks, less contrast, some glare, no wireless.
- MontaVista Linux - - 6-inch E-INK Vizplex full touch screen - 800 x 600 pixels, 8-levels gray scale - Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, DC 3.7 V, AC Adaptor: AC-S5220E, Power DC 5.2 V a single charge: 14 days, 7,500 (BBeB Book)Continuous page turns, 6,800 (EPUB) Continuous page turns - 512Mb, 380MB user available internal memory - MemoryStick® PRO Duo™ (support up to 16GB) & SD Card memory slot (support up to 16GB) - English & French - 6.9 x 4.8 x .4 inches (LxWxD) - Approx. 10.1 oz - Operating Temperature: 41º to 95ºF - -
Resources: http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servlet/ProductDetailDisplay?storeId=10001&langId=-1&catalogId=10001&productId=1006705&navigationPath=n100431 http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=028626&cid=ETN
Sony Reader Pocket Edition™ PRS300BC (2009-8)
Access to over 1 million public domain books from Google Books, Ability to borrow eBooks from libraries, Supports ePub open format, bookmark, 3 levels Adjustable font sizes, no Expandable Memory, ePub, BBeB Book, PDF, TXT, RTF, Micrsoft® Word, (Conversion to the Reader requires Word installed on your PC), Pocket-sized, low-cost, durable metal frame, get library ebooks, No memory card slot, image, or audio support, no touch screen.
- MontaVista Linux - - 5-inch E-INK Vizplex - 800 x 600 pixels, 8-levels gray scale - Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, DC 3.7 V, AC Power DC 5.2 V a single charge: 14 days, 7,500 (BBeB Book)Continuous page turns, 6,800 (EPUB) Continuous page turns - Memory Size : 512 MB User available capacity: Approx. 440MB - No Expandable Memory - - 6 1/4 x 4 1/4 x 13/32 inches (LxWxD) - Approx. 7.76 oz - Operating Temperature : 41 to 95 °F - -
Resources: http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=8198552921644523779&N=4294954529 http://readersinfo.com/_dl/Sony_LIBRIé_EBR-1000EP.jpg
Sony LIBRIé EBR-1000EP (2005)
Motorola DragonBall processor.
- Sony Linux - USB 2.0, headphones jack,monaural speaker - 6-inch diagonal low-powered E Ink's electronic paper technology produced by Philips - 600 pixel by 800 pixel display resolution, 170 dpi - 4 x AAA batteries, 5.2 V external power supply - - Memory Stick slot (Memory Stick Pro compatible) - - 126x90x13mm, 5"x7.5"x0.5" - 300 g (10.6 oz) with case and batteries (190 g / 6.7 oz without) - - -
Hanlin eReader, jinke.com
The Hanlin e-Reader is an open source format ebook reader, and as such it allows you to read a huge range of digital content. Read MOBI, PDF, LIT, EPUB, HTML, TXT, PRC, FB2, JPG files and a wide range of free RSS newsfeeds from your Pixelar e-Reader. Supports DRM with Mobipocket. We hope to be releasing EPUB DRM capability in firmware updates later this year. Supports wide range of file formats (PDF, MOBI, DOC, WOLF, MP3, HTML, TXT, CHM, FB2, Djvu, PNG, TIF, GIF, BMP, JPG, PPT, EPUB, LIT, PRC); The Hanlin eReader works best with EPUB, RTF, FB2, and Mobipocket documents, because of their simplicity, interoperability, and low CPU processing requirements. These files also offer more zoom levels, and more options like search, landscape mode, and text to speech than with PDF, DOC, HTML, or TXT..
- - 3.5 mm standard audio jack - - 600x800, 4 level greyscale - 8,000 page turns (fewer when also used to play MP3 files) - 512MB internal memory (up to 1,000 books) - SD card slot expandable to 4GB - multi-language support - 184 x 120 x 9.9mm - 220g (incl. battery) - - -
Resources: http://www.pixelar.co.uk/ebook.php http://ebookreaderv.blogspot.com/2009/07/review-of-hanlin-v5-hot.html http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/English/embedpro/index.asp
BeBook One (Hanlin V3 clone) Jinke
The original BeBook eReader is still one of the top favorites in our collection. Supported file formats: pdf, mobi, prc, epub, lit, txt, fb2, doc, html, rtf, djvu, wol, ppt, mbp, chm, bmp, jpg, png, gif, tif, rar, zip, mp3. It's the only reader in the current market which supports two types of DRM: Adobe and Mobipocket. You can change the supported DRM simply by changing to the desired firmware. (Free from our website), change fonttype while reading, Increase/decrease font size of ereader display, bookmark.
- - 3.5mm audiojack, USB 1.1 Port - 6-inch ePaper - 600x800 - 3.7V Li-ION battery 950mAh - 512MB internal memory, enough for at least 1.000 books - SD-slot ( extendable up to 4GB ) - English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Chinese, Russian, Greek, Ukraine, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Bulgarian, Estonian, Polish - 120mm X 184mm X 10mm - 220gr ( incl. battery ) - Operating temperature: 0º to 40º celcius - -
lBook eReader V3 Jinke
Samsung 2440 Arm 9 200MHz processor, 32 MB SRAM (RAM), 2 MB ROM, 512 MB Flash, supported file: PDF, RTF, WOLF, HTML, FB2 (XML), RSS, TXT, Djvu, DOC, ePub, PDB, CHM, JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, MP3, programmable buttons.
- Linux - mini USB 1.1, 3.5 mm stereo output, - 6-inch e-ink VizPlex® - 800x600, 4 shades of gray - 3.7V Li-Ion Nokia (BL-5) battery 950mAh - 1GB SD card - SD / MMC (up to 16.0 Gb) - - 184x120x9.9 mm - 240g (with battery) - working temperature 0ºC ~ 40º C, storage temperature -20ºC ~ 55ºC - -
Resources: http://lbook.ua/en/products/lbookv3new http://www.jinke.com.cn/Compagesql/English/embedpro/prodetail.asp?id=41
PAPYRE 6.1 Jinke
• Papyrer 6.1 • Carrying Case • 2GB SD Card (with more than 500 e-books included) • Headphones • Lithium-Ion • Cable (USB and AC adapter) • Rope Security (wrist) • 2 spare screws minidestornillador (for battery cover) • User Manual Size and Weight • Weight: 220 gr. (battery included) Screen: 6 "(12.2 x 9.1 cm) • Height: 18.4 cm • Depth: 0.99 cm Storage Capacity • Internal Memory: 512 MB (useful 450 MB) • Removable memory: SD Cards up to 32 GB (from 4 GB must be "SD HC") Formats Reproducibles • PDF, DOC, WOLF, MP3, HTML, TXT, CHM, FB2, DJVU, PNG, TIF, GIF, BMP, JPG, PPT, EPUB, LIT, PRC, MOBIPOCKET, (... other formats may be being incorporated into through future firmware updates). Colors Available • 6.1 Papyrer Black (Black Case) • 6.1 Papyrer White (Black Case) • 6.1 Papyrer White (White Case) • 6.1 Papyrer Rojo (Red Pouch) • 6.1 Papyrer Verde (Green Case) .
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
iRex iLiad (2006)
• an 8.1-inch (21 cm) electronic paper display, area for displaying content is 124x165mm • a resolution of 768x1024 pixels (160 dpi) • 16 levels of grayscale • a USB connector for external storage, • a CompactFlash Type II slot for memory extension or other applications • a MultiMediaCard slot for MMC memory cards • a 3.5 mm stereo audio jack for a headset • WiFi 802.11g wireless LAN • 10/100 Mbit/s wired LAN • 390 grams (14 oz) weight • 400MHz Intel XScale processor • 64MB RAM • 256MB internal flash memory (128 for user, 128 for system) • Linux-based operating system (2.4 kernel) • SDK is provided , so functionality is easily extended..
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
The iLiad Book Edition
Touch sensor input, ntegrated Wacom® Penabled® sensor board, Stylus (Wacom® Slim Pen), Optional external 10/100MB Ethernet networking via Travel hub. File formats supported : PDF / HTML / TXT / JPG / BMP/ PNG / PRC (Mobipocket).
- Intel® 400MHz XScale™ , processor, 64 MB RAM - Built-in stereo speakers, 3.5-mm stereo headphone mini-jack - 8.1-inch (diagonal) Electronic Paper Display - 768 x 1024 pixels resolution, 160 DPI. 16 levels of grey-scale - Lithium Ion battery, Power Adapter Charging time: about 3 hours - 256MB internal flash memory of which 128MB accessible to user - Expandable via USB, MMC or CF cards - Dutch, English, German , French and Spanish - 217 x 155 x 16 mm - 435 grams (15.3 ounces) - Operating temperature: 0°C to 50°C, Storage temperature: -20°C to 70°C - -
DR 800IREX Digital Reader 800 series
Freescale i.MX31L processor, 128MB RAM storage, Wacom® enabled® touch sensor input with Stylus, 3G Wireless (USA Only), media formats supported: Reflowable PDF, ePub and Barnes & Noble. (both DRM and unprotected), JPG / BMP/ PNG / GIF and TIFF.
- - Micro-USB connector - 8.1-Inch (diagonal) electronic paper display - 768 x1024 pixel resolution at 160 DPI, 16-level grey scale - rechargeable lithium ion battery; - 2Gb Removable Micro -SD card (replaceable with higher capacity Micro-SD cards) - - languages: Dutch, English, German, French, Spanish, Italian and Greek - 193mm (7.6 inch) Width: 149mm (2.9 inch) Depth: 10.7mm (0.4 inch) - 360 grams (12.6 ounce) - operating temperature: 5º to 35ºC (41º to 95ºF) Non-operating temperature: -10º to 45ºC (14º to 113ºF) - -
DR 800IREX Digital Reader 1000 series Wacom
Freescale i.MX31L processor, 128MB RAM, Wacom® penabled® touch sensor input with Stylus, unsecured Text: Adobe® PDF, TXT, HTML, DRM Text: Mobipocket PRC, Image: JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF and BMP Additional formats supported in the future (Adobe PDF/EPUB).
- - mini-USB 2.0 - 10.2-inch (diagonal) electronic paper display - 1024 x 1280 pixel resolution at 160 pixels per inch, 16-level grey scale - rechargeable lithium ion battery, Recharging time 5 hours with USB charging - 1GB Removable SD card (replaceable with larger SD cards) - - support language: Dutch, English, French and German - - - operating temperature: 0º to 45ºC (32º to 113ºF) Non-operating temperature: -20º to 70ºC (-4º to 158ºF) - -
Hanlin eReader V2 (2006)
Screen:600*800 6 inches OS:Wolf Linux Format Support:PDF,DOC,WOLF,HTML, MP3,JPG,TXT,CHM,RAR,ZIP,PPT, Images ETC Touch Panel:Only slave display Expected Release Date:Only cooperators Specification: Dimensions: 194mm(L)*133.6mm(W)*13.4mm(H) Main Display: ePaper (E-ink technology) 6 Inches 600*800 pixel 4 greyscale Slave Display: STN 254*96 Pixel Storage: 64MB Nand Flash ,SD card(Support 4GB capability ) Memory: SDRAM:64MB Weight: 300g(Include battery) Battery: Li-ION 950mAh Input: Touch Panel (Only slave display) I/O: A. 3.5mm stereo audio jack for earphone B.USB 1.1 Port C.SD slot Working Temperature: 0ºC to 40ºC Keeping Temperature: -20ºC to 55ºC Format Support: PDF,DOC,WOLF,HTML,MP3,JPG,TXT,CHM,RAR,ZIP,PPT,BMP,etc CPU: Samsung Arm9 200MHz Software: Linux OS .
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sony PRS-500 (2006)
Unsecured Text: BBeB Book, Adobe® PDF, TXT, RTF, Microsoft® Word (Conversion to the Reader-requires Word installed on your PC), DRM Text: BBeB Book (Marlin, Unsecured Audio: MP3 and AAC, JPEG, GIF, PNG, and BMP.
- - - 6-inch E-Ink "Electronic Paper" - 170ppi, 4-Level Grey Scale - rechargeable Lithium-Ion Up to 7,500 page turns - - - - 175.6 x 123.6 x 13.8mm 6.9" x 4.9" x 0.5" - 9oz - - -
Hanlin V3 Jinke (2007)
Screen: 600*800 6 inches OS: Linux OS Format Support: PDF, DOC, WOLF, MP3, HTML, TXT, CHM, FB2, Djvu, PNG, TIF, GIF, BMP, JPG, PPT, EPUB, LIT, PRC, MOBI. Language Support: English, Chinese, Russian, Ukraine, Turkish, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Japanese, Korean, Bulgarian, Estonian, Polish and more Specification Dimensions: 184mm(L)*120.5mm(W)*9.9mm(H) Main Display: ePaper (E-ink technology) Storage: Internal/SD Card Memory: SDRAM : 32MB, Internal 2M NOR FLASH Weight: 220g(Include battery) Battery: Li-ION 950mAh I/O A.3.5mm stereo audio jack for earphone, B.USB 1.1 Port, C.SD slot(extendable up to 4GB) Working Temperature: 0ºC to 40ºC Keeping Temperature: -20ºC to 55ºC Format Support: PDF, DOC, WOLF, MP3, HTML, TXT, CHM, FB2, Djvu, PNG, TIF, GIF, BMP, JPG, PPT, EPUB, LIT, PRC, MOBI. CPU: Samsung Arm9 200Mhz Operating System: Linux OS.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bookeen Cybook Gen3 (2007)
Samsung® S3C2410 ARM920T 200MHz processor, 16 MB RAM, 8Mb ROM, The Cybook from France, daylight readable, No backlight, 740 ms page turn time, The Cybook Gen3 doesn’t have a dedicated service for downloading books, but can handle the majority of file types: HTML, TXT, Mobipocket PRC, PalmDoc, PDF, MP3, JPG, GIF, PNG, RSS feeds, no touchscreen.
- Linux - 2.5mm stereo headphone plug, USB 2.0 Mini USB B connector - 6-inch E Ink® Vizplex screen [4.8"x3.6"- 122mmx91mm] - 600x800 pixels, 166 dpi, B&W, 4 grayscale - Li-Polymer battery (1000 mAh), Universal AC 100~240V, DC 5V 700mA 8,000 page flips battery life - 512 MB Data Flash internal memory - SD Card slot - - 4.7" x 7.4" x 0.3", 118 x 188 x 8.5 mm - 6.13 ounces -174 g (battery included) - - -
no backlit, daytime reading, portrait and landscape modes CPU: Samsung® S3C2440 A L-40 400MHz, E-Book formats: Fb2, FB2.zip, TXT, PDF, RTF, HTML, PRC, CHM, DJVU, DOC, EPUB, TCR; p3; Additional Software: RSS-News, Calendar, Notes, Sudoku, Games.
- Linux - Mini USB (v 2.0) - 6-inch E Ink® Vizplex - 600x800 pixels, 166 dpi B&W, 16 grayscale - Li-Polymer battery (1000 mAh) ; 100-240V ~ 50/60Hz, 0.2A Output: 5V 1A 8000 page refreshes on one charge - Operative 64Mb, Fixed 512Mb - SD, SDHC card, up to 32 Gb - - 4.7” x 7.4” x 0.3”, 118 x 118 x 8.5 mm - 6.1 ounces / 174 g - - -
Samsung® S3C2440 AL-40 400MHz processor, RAM 64 Mb, G-sensor/Accelerometer, support E-Book formats: FB2, FB2.zip, TXT, PDF, RTF, HTML, PRC, CHM, DJVU, DOC, EPUB, TCR, image formats: JPEG, BMP, PNG, TIFF, additional software: RSS-News, Calendar, Notes, Sudoku, auto rotate, FBReader, change font, hard cover, many apps, no touch screen.
- Linux - Mini USB - 5-inch E Ink® Vizplex - - Li-Polymer (1000 mAh) - internal 512Mb, user-accessible 466Mb - microSD, microSDHC card - - 4.6” x 5.5” x 0.39”, 118 x 140 x 10 mm - 5.3 oz. - - -
BeBook Neo e-reader
The BeBook Neo is Endless Idea's newest ereader. Freescale processor, Wacom™ touchpanel technology, Ebook stores app, web browser, notes, folders, No cover included, slow internet, stylus required, WiFi support, Formats: PDF, DOC, HTML, RTF, BMP, JPG, PNG, GIF, TIF, DJVU, FB2, WOL, TXT, EPUB, PPT, LIT, CHM, RAR, ZIP, MP3, MOBI, PRC, HTM, WOLF..
- - 3.5mm audio jack, USB 2.0 with OTG-support - 6-inch E Ink screen - - Li-ION battery 1600mAh up to 7,000 page turns - Internal 512MB flashmemory (stores up to 1.000 books) - SD slot expandable up to 16GB - support over 20 different languages, English, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Russian, Ukrainian, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Bulgarian, Estonian, Polish, Catalanian, Czech, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian, Slovenian. - 121x196x10.6mm - 298g (incl. battery) - Operating temperature: 0º to 50º celcius - -
Resources: http://mybebook.com/6-inch-ereaders/c14/p25/bebook-neo-ereader/product_info.html http://mybebook.com/neo/ http://readersinfo.com/_dl/
Reflex™ LCD Writing Tablets
No more paper, pencils, or pens. Kent Display Reflex LCD Writing Tablets are the environmentally-friendly alternative that replaces them all! Simply press on the surface with a stylus or other suitable writing instrument (even your finger) to create an image and then erase with the push of a button. By utilizing Reflex technology, no power is used retain the image, only to erase (typically supplied by a 3V watch battery)..
- - Life: 50,000 erase cycles - Kent Reflex™ LCDColor: White writing on black background (eNote) white/black, black/green or blue, orange/red, blue/yellow (custom), Contrast: High, Curvature: Wraps to 25 in diameter maximum (custom) - - 0.19mW/cm2 for 1.8 second (only required for erase) - - - - Thickness:v0.32 mm (eNote) ~65 microns (custom) - 0.03 g/cm2 (eNote) 0.0089g/cm2 (custom) - -10 to 65 C (storage) -10 to 40 C (operating) - -
Hanlin eReader V5 (2008)
Samsung Arm9 400MHz processor, the V5 is a portable electronic device specifically for reading applications. Format Support: PDF, DOC, WOLF, MP3, HTML, TXT, CHM, FB2, Djvu, PNG, TIF, GIF, BMP, JPG, PPT, EPUB, LIT; The device supports multi-level directory management. It is convenient for user to classify and manage the books..
- Linux OS - 3.5mm stereo audio jack, USB 2.0 - 5-inch E-ink technology (EPD) - 600 x800 pixels and supports 8 levels of grayscale - Li-Polymer 1000mAh The operating time of the rechargeable battery is about a month without recharging, based on an average use of 300 pages reading a day. - - SD/SDHC slot up to 16GB - English, Chinese, Russian, Ukraine, Turkish, French, Spanish, German, Dutch, Japanese, Korean, Bulgarian, Estonian, Polish and more - 151.2mm(L)x105.4mm(W)x10mm(H) - 160g (Include battery) - Working Temperature: 0ºC to 40ºC; Keeping Temperature: -20ºC to 55ºC - - CE, RoHS
IREX Digital Reader 1000 series
Freescale i.MX31L (ARM based) processor, 128MB RAM, DR1000 - Basic functionality; DR1000S - Wacom Penabled touch screen; DR1000SW - Includes touch screen and adds WiFi and Bluetooth, People are reporting 12+ hrs life with version 1.6 firmware, Wacom Penabled touchscreen on S models, Compatible formats: PDF, TXT, HTML, Mobipocket, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TIFF and BMP, Print to eBook: iRex focuses on one feature, the ability to “print” documents to the reader thus saving paper and time. Instead of having to print the same document several times, you can send it to the iRex Digital Reader and it will be converted, much like an Adobe PDF file, into a format you can store on your reader. From there you can make notes on it and save it all together. iRex Digital Reader doesn’t have a dedicated content provider, high price tag.
- Linux 2.6 - Mini-USB connector - 10.2" approx 202 x 161 mm - 1024 x 1280 pixels, 158 ppi, 16 levels, grayscale - rechargebable 1300mAh Lithium-Ion battery 5h charge time using a USB port on your computer - 1GB SD - SDHC compatible - Dutch, French, English and German - 217 x 268 x 11.9 mm - 535g - Environmental requirements temperatures between 0 and 45ºC - -
Sony Reader PRS-505 (2008-08)
The battery can last for about 2 weeks, or 7,500 continuous page turns, compatible with the Sony eBook Store, supported formats: PDF, RTF, TXT, BBeB, Word, JPEG, GIF, PNG, BMP, MP3, AAC7.
- MontaVista Linux - USB port 2.0 - 6-inch 15.5 cm diagonal E Ink® "Electronic Paper" - 600 x 800 pixels effective 584 x 754 pixels, 170 dpi, 8-level gray scale - Lithium-ion battery, Optional AC Charger requires 120 Volts 60Hz up to 6800 "page turns" per charge, Approx. 4 Hours with USB charging from powered Computer or Approx. 2 Hours when using optional AC wall charger - 256 MB standard (200 MB Accessible) stores up to 160 titles - Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 8 GB, SD card up to 2 GB (some non-SDHC 4GB cards may work), or up to 32 GB with SDHC cards - English - 175 x 122 x 8 mm (6.9" x 4.8" x 0.3") - 250 g (9 oz) - - -
Sony Reader PRS-700 (2008-10)
6” touch screen built-in LED light display, 5 different font sizes and the ability to zoom in and out on the text, a dedicated service for books called the eBook Store (service is limited to U.S. and Canadian residents).
- MontaVista Linux Professional Edition operating system - USB port 2.0, Built-in LED reading light - 6-inch E Ink display, touch screen - 170 dpi, 8-level grayscale - Lithium-ion battery up to 7500 "page turns" per charge - 512 MB, 350 titles - Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo 8 GB, SDHC card expansion up to 32 GB - English as the "default lookup dictionary" - 174.3 x 127.6 x 9.7 mm (6 7/9" x 5 1/9" x 0.4") - 283.5 g (10 oz) - - -
Foxit eSlick Reader (2009)
The Foxit eSlick is also a different version of the Taiwanese Netronix EB-600. Supported Formats PDF, EPUB, PDB, TXT any printable document (after file is converted to PDF using included software), GIF, BMP, JPEG, PNG, MP3, .
- Linux - 2.5mm earphone - 6-inch E Ink® Vizplex screen - 600 x 800 pixel resolution, 4-level gray scale - rechargeable Lithium battery A single battery charge provides up to 8,000 pages of continuous reading. - 512MB Internal memory, SD Card (2GB included.) - SD card support up to 4Gb - - 7.4" x 4.7" x 0.4" (188×118×9.2mm) - 6.4 ounces (180g) battery included - - - FCC certification
Samsung Papyrus (2009-06)
limited to South Korea, "The new model called Papyrus will launch in Korea in June with the aim to eventually launch in the UK and US, a spokesperson for Samsung told Pocket-lint. A5 in size, the model, which will come in a range of colours, will feature a stylus for touching the screen and 512MB of on-board memory for storing content. There is no SD card slot. Aside from being able to let you read the latest digital versions of your favourite books, the model will also double up as a notetaker, world clock, diary, memo taker, calculator, and contacts making a truly modern day Filofax. Pricing has yet to be confirmed, but it seems Samsung is being very aggressive, with a mooted $299 price point if and when it makes it out of Korea. The price point would make it $60 cheaper than the Amazon Kindle, although it will lack EV-DO connectivity. ".
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Fujitsu FLEPia (Fureppia) in JICA (2009)
12.5mm in thickness of the bag in Kasabarazu about 360g; XScale processor, supported formats PDF, TXT, HTML, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, XMDF eBook and images of all types, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g, Bluetooth 2.0.
- Windows CE 5.0 - - 8-inch senso, 64-color - 768х1024 - 40 hours per single charge - - SD (support up to 4 Gb) - - 250х158х12.5 mm - 385 g - - -